Tuesday, July 10, 2012

DIY Fabric Panels

Our foyer was feeling dull and drab without artwork so I set out to find an inexpensive pop of color.  Large artwork can break the bank and it takes time to find the perfect piece(s).  The inspiration for the fabric panels came from a friend who has two beautiful bird panels in her foyer.

I was looking for a bold yet simple fabric to add the pop of color I needed.  After searching through books and books of fabric at a local store, I settled on Duralee Thomas Paul Silhouette in turquoise.  And come to find out I had pinned a photo of the fabric on Pinterest the previous week.  Clearly, meant to be!

I bought one yard of fabric {$65/yard} and two sets of stretcher bars {purchased at Daniel Smith for $60} for a grand total of $125.  You can't beat that price for two 22" x 48" panels.  I'm definitely pleased with the results.  What do you think?

And that's our pooch, Tessie, modeling the "coziness" of our updated foyer!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Court! A great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous! I can tell a few things. 1) you need to decorate my house. 2) your house is spotless and I want to know how you do that with a DOG. 3) You are so creative!!

    ReplyDelete